A light lemon mousse made with cream cheese and whipped cream and stabilized with gelatin. Perfect for summer!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
In a saucepan, combine gelatin, lemon juice and water. Stir over medium heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in grated lemon zest. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat until smooth. Blend in gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 15 minutes until thick.
Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon filling into baked pie crust. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.