Lemon and lime juice team with mustard for a chicken coated with plenty of pizzazz. A mildly spiced herb-bread coating seals in the juicy flavors.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon - sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Combine lemon and lime juices with the prepared mustard. Brush over chicken. Set aside.
Combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper, curry powder, oregano, and grated lemon peel. Roll chicken in crumb mix, coating well.
In a heavy baking pan or iron skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Place chicken in pan, skin side down.
Place in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and bake until tender, about 30 more minutes. Serve on a warm platter with sliced lemons and chopped parsley, if desired.