This dish takes a shortcut with packaged gravy mix over sauteed chicken and bell peppers. A liberal sprinkling of lemon pepper adds zest.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 4 packets dry chicken gravy mix, prepared according to package instructions
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet or wok heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through (juices run clear and chicken meat is no longer pink inside).
Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, prepared gravy, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir all together; reduce heat to medium low and let all simmer about 10 minutes, or until bell peppers are tender and gravy has thickened.