Condensed milk is whipped into a froth. Then sugar, lemon juice and gelatin are whipped into that, and finally, crushed pineapple gets stirred in. The filling is poured into a pre-baked crust and chilled, and garnished with maraschino cherries.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherries, chopped (optional)
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whip the chilled evaporated milk. Mix in sugar and lemon juice. Add cooled gelatin mixture and whip until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Stir in crushed pineapple.
Pour half of mixture into each crust. Chill before serving. Garnish with chopped maraschino cherries if desired.