A variety of veggies, fresh herbs, and any fish fillet...baked. I like to serve this fish dish with rice, it makes for a delicious meal!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- 1/2 (6 ounce) can black olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat oil in a large frying pan. Stir in onions, red and green bell peppers and shallots. Cook 3 minutes. Sir in zucchini, squash, tomato, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Saute until vegetables are just tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spread 1/2 of the vegetables into an oiled 9x11 inch baking pan. Cover the vegetables with 1/2 cup of the herbs.
Arrange the filets on top of the vegetables and herbs. Spread the second 1/2 of the vegetables over the fish and sprinkle the rest of the herbs onto the vegetables. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.