Take to school or share at a cookie exchange, these perky cookies are sure to fit the bill!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl; beat until creamy. Add egg, pumpkin, orange juice and orange peel; beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined. Stir in nuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon Orange Glaze.
For Orange Glaze: Combine 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel in medium bowl until smooth.