This lighter version of pumpkin pie is made with egg substitute in place of eggs, and is served in a chewy brown sugar and oat crust.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups oats, quick-cooking
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute product, fat free, cholesterol free
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup egg substitute product, fat free, cholesterol free
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine oats, sugar and flour. Add margarine and egg substitute product; mix well.
Press 1 3/4 cups mixture firmly on bottom and up sides of sprayed 9-inch pie pan using a thin metal spatula.
In mixing bowl, combine EAGLE BRAND®, pumpkin, egg substitute product, spices and salt; mix until well blended (DO NOT OVERMIX). Pour filling into pie shell.
Bake 15 minutes; reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking 15 to 18 minutes or until center is softly set.
Cool; Chill. Garnish as desired with low fat topping.