So, you're making a pot of tea for friends? Add a nutritious snack with these easy, spicy mini-muffins.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, preferably orange flavored
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in applesauce, half-and-half and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine Splenda, flour, baking soda, spices. Fold dry ingredients into wet mixture. Fold in pineapple, cranberries and nuts. Spoon batter into non-stick mini-muffin pans greased with cooking spray. Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove, cool. Dust with confectioner's sugar if desired.