Whip up a smooth blend of milk, Neufchatel cheese, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese to make a pleasingly creamy sauce for fettuccini.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup low fat margarine
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook fettuccini until al dente. Drain.
Combine milk, cubed Neufchatel cheese, butter or margarine, garlic powder, onion powder, minced garlic, and salt. Stir until smooth. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until blended.
Toss pasta with Alfredo sauce and serve warm.