Egg whites make for a lighter pumpkin pie, especially nice after a hearty holiday meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees F.
COMBINE sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for additional 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause filling to separate from crust.)