For a quick and easy clam sauce, toss canned clams in a pan with butter, oil, garlic, parsley, basil and pepper. Serve hot over linguini.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguini pasta
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Combine clams with juice, butter or margarine, vegetable oil, minced garlic, parsley, basil, and pepper in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat until boiling. Serve warm over pasta.