A must try, sauteed asparagus, bacon, and arugula are tossed with hot linguine; a special bright flavor comes from fresh lemon juice. It's simple and tasty!
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 pound linguine, uncooked
- 1/3 pound sliced bacon, cut in half
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove to paper towels. Pour olive oil into skillet, and stir in garlic and asparagus. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add pasta to skillet. Turn flame off. Toss with arugula, lemon juice, and bacon.