What makes this clam sauce so flavorful is the chicken bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and baby portobello mushrooms. The delicious sauce is finished with herbs and butter.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portobello mushrooms, sliced and chopped
- 4 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked linguini pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
Warm olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and mushrooms; cook until mushrooms are tender. Stir in clam juice, chicken bouillon, parsley, basil, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce. Increase heat to high, and bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Stir chopped clams and butter into the sauce; simmer 15 minutes more. Pour over cooked pasta to serve.