Chopped clams and mushrooms simmered in white wine and butter with garlic and a touch of sour cream. Tossed with linguine pasta and served with a side salad and French bread, you'll have yourself a meal to remember!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams, drained and rinsed with juices reserved
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic, and saute until tender. Pour in wine and simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if necessary.
Stir in clams, reserved clam juice, sour cream, pepper, and parsley, and simmer another 20 minutes. Toss with linguine, and serve. Enjoy!