Meaty portobello mushroom slices are tossed with fresh herbs and linguine.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven broiler.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine, and cook for 9 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Brush the mushrooms with 1/2 the olive oil, and arrange on a medium baking sheet. Broil in the prepared oven 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, until browned and tender.
Cut the mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices, and place in a medium bowl. Mix with the remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together cooked linguine and the mushroom mixture.