Here's an easy meal you can pull together with ingredients from your pantry.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole baby clams, undrained (optional)
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams, drained
- 4 cups hot cooked linguine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
Drain baby clams in a sieve over a bowl, reserving juice. Heat butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Stir in flour. Stir in the reserved clam juice, wine, chopped parsley, chopped thyme, and pepper, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the baby clams and the minced clams, and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve clam sauce over pasta. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 328 (23% from fat); FAT 8.5g (sat 2.9g, mono 3.7g, poly 1g); PROTEIN 18.9g; CARB 44.9g; FIBER 2.4g; CHOL 53mg; IRON 19.7mg; SODIUM 265mg; CALC 75m