Pumpkin pie needn't be heavy and dense. Without a crust, this pie is more like an easy to make pumpkin custard.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/4 cups NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat Milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
COAT 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
PLACE water in medium bowl; sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Mixture may be firm. Bring 1 cup evaporated milk just to a boil in small saucepan. Slowly stir hot evaporated milk into gelatin with wire whisk. Stir in remaining evaporated milk, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract; mix well.
POUR mixture into prepared pie plate. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.