Wow, this is different. Like guacamole but with steamed broccoli and avocado. And all the usuals - onion, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and cilantro. Mash everything together and dip to your heart 's content.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 large head fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
Boil or steam broccoli until very soft.
In a large bowl, mash broccoli with avocado. Mix in onions, garlic, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and cilantro until mixture resembles the consistency of mashed potatoes. Season to taste with salt.