The classic dish, Pad Thai is artfully created in this reduced calorie version. Chicken, shrimp and bean sprouts mingle with linguine and cilantro in this restaurant favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 3/4 cup no-salt added tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions and tops
- 1/2 pound cooked baby shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Lime wedges
Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
Combine tomato juice, lite soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 1 minute; remove.
Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add garlic, bean sprouts and green onions; stir-fry 1 minute.
Stir in linguine and cook 2 minutes, or until heated through. Return chicken with shrimp, cilantro and tomato juice mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
Serve with lime wedges.