Sugar snap peas are dressed up in a spicy lemon dressing. A great summer side dish for serving outdoors.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap® Peas
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper, crushed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, ranch-flavored, sliced
- 1 pinch black pepper
Bring 2 quarts water to boil; stir in 1tablespoon salt. Plunge Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap Peas into boiling water; cook 45 seconds from the moment peas were added. Do not overcook even briefly or peas will become too soft. Drain; immediately plunge into ice water or 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly; reserve.
To make dressing: mix zest, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, crushed red peppers and black pepper, whisk in oil. Toss dressing with reserved sugar snap peas, green onion and sliced almonds. Arrange salad on serving platter. Garnish with lemon slices.