Wonderfully marinated shrimp perfect for a dinner party appetizer! This makes tons of marinade so feel free to half the ingredients if you don't have three pounds of shrimp on hand.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) jars prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook for about 5 minutes, until pink. Drain and set aside.
Place the onion and green pepper in a large bowl. Add vegetable oil, ketchup, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, and capers. Season with garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot sauce, and mix until well blended. Place shrimp into the bowl with the sauce, cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Serve cold.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.