A Spanish-style Creole dish made with lobster, shrimp, and peas, simmered in a 'sofrito', which consists of onion, green pepper, garlic, tomatoes, and parsley, chopped to a salsa like consistency.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 5 cups water
- red pepper sauce to taste
- 2/3 cup sherry
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, julienned
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 4 raw lobster tail, quartered
- 2/3 pound fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
Remove the stems from the parsley and discard. In a food processor combine the parsley leaves, yellow onion, green pepper, garlic and stewed tomatoes. Process just enough to chop the ingredients up. Should retain a chunky consistency
In a large pot over medium/low heat, combine olive oil and parsley mixture. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste until completely dissolved. Pour in 5 cups of water, red pepper sauce, sherry and red pimentos. Raise the heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add the petit poi, lobster tails and shrimp. Simmer for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink all the way through.