Thinly sliced pork, fresh ginger, green onions, and Chinese-style egg noodles transport you to the Orient as you dine on Long Soup. It is quick and easy to prepare, and makes a great first course for an Asian-inspired meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 small head cabbage, shredded
- 4 ounces lean pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 8 fresh green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces dry Chinese noodles
Using a large skillet or wok heat oil over medium heat. Add cabbage and pork; fry until pork in no longer pink inside, approximately 5 minutes. Make sure to stir your cabbage and pork while it is frying.
Add chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in onions and add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.