One drop of peppermint extract is the secret ingredient in this festive sherbet punch.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint orange sherbet
Use 1 liter of lemon-lime soda to fill an ice cube tray. Reserving the cherry juice, place the maraschino cherries into the soda filled tray. Freeze 1 hour, or until solid.
In a punch bowl, mix the remaining 1 liter lemon-lime soda, reserved maraschino cherry juice, pineapple juice, and orange juice concentrate. Flavor with peppermint and vanilla extract. Slide in the orange sherbet and the ice cubes you made earlier.