Tomatoes and shrimp cooked up with garlic and onions - this Gulf Coast tradition will have you dreaming of the bayou. This recipe can either be a main dish or a side dish. You can make it as hot as you want, just add more chili powder and hot sauce. Serv
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic; cook until tender.
Mix in cornstarch. Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and red pepper sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp, and cook for 5 minutes.