This delicate treat is made with fresh lemon and confectioners' sugar. Wonderful with tea.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, 1/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, and butter until butter is in very small crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 11x7 inch pan.
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned. While the crust is baking, whisk together the eggs, 2/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Just before the crust is done, stir in the baking powder. Pour over the crust while it is hot, and return to the oven.
Bake for another 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar when cool.