Chicken breasts make a fine change of pace for tostada filling, along with tomatoes, lettuce and bell pepper. A garnish of salsa with fat-free sour cream and Cheddar or jack cheese keep this dish a healthy one.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 6 cups salsa
- 6 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large bowl combine the chicken, lettuce, green bell pepper, tomatoes and onions. Mix together and set aside.
Heat tortillas by placing them in a large dry skillet over medium high heat and turning once until golden and puffy.
To Assemble Tostadas: Place a tortilla on a plate, top with some of the chicken mixture and garnish with sour cream, salsa and cheese. Repeat with all tortillas.