A cake made with dates, applesauce and sugar substitute.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour an 8x8 inch pan.
In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, cloves and cinnamon until creamy. Sift together the flour and baking powder, and mix in. Fold in dates, chopped pecans and applesauce. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.