The wonderfully creamy, cocoa batter is studded with coconut and pecans, and is a snap to whip up. Everything goes in one large bowl, is stirred together and poured into a pastry shell and baked. Top with whipped cream
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, cornstarch and cocoa. Add water and melted butter whisk until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add the milk and beat until well blended. Stir in the coconut, pecans and vanilla. Pour batter into the pie shell.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until firm.