A sweet and spicy chutney made with tomatoes, peaches, apples, celery and onion that's very addictive. So easy to make you'll find yourself adding this to just about any dish!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 15 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 5 red apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup pickling spice, wrapped in cheesecloth
Combine the tomatoes, peaches, apples, onions, celery, vinegar, salt and pickling spice in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 2 hours, or until thickened. Transfer to sterile jars and store in the refrigerator, or freeze in plastic containers.