A cheesy zucchini and onion casserole-style dish that goes great with grilled burgers. This recipe also makes a quick main course with the addition of ham or cooked, diced chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 cup all-purpose biscuit baking mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
In a large bowl, toss zucchini with baking mix until well coated. Add beaten eggs, melted butter, and Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Using a large spoon or your hands, work mixture together until well blended. Add onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper, and mix again. Spread mixture into a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.