Cheddar cheese soup and condensed milk get a dose of mustard and a dash of black pepper before blanketing macaroni for a rich and creamy bake. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top to make a crunchy crust.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 3/8 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain.
In a large bowl, combine condensed soup, milk, mustard, and pepper. Stir in macaroni. Transfer mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter or margarine in a cup. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.