Basic and super easy macaroni salad that I make for family gatherings. I make mine with dill relish but you could change it if you prefer the sweet. Looks good and tastes even better the next day. The more you make it, the quicker you will get.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked macaroni
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar dill pickle relish, partially drained
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard, or to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, or as needed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- paprika to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place macaroni in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta, grated eggs, olives, onion, and relish with some of the liquid. Mix in mustard and mayonnaise, increasing the amount of mayonnaise as desired. Season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced eggs, and sprinkle with paprika to serve.