Macaroni and cheese is perfect supper food. It's a kids' favorite, and adults like it too. My recipe is simple and almost as quick as the boxed variety. Try this variation with chicken broccoli, tomatoes and basil.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 recipe Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 1 cup fresh Italian plum tomatoes, seeded if desired
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces or snipped with scissors
Follow recipe for Creamy Macaroni and Cheese, adding broccoli to the boiling pasta during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, then proceed to make the cheese sauce as directed. Stir chicken, tomatoes and basil along with the sauce into the hot pasta. Serve hot.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article Change up Mac 'n' Cheese on August 12, 2005
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2005 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.