For a little more heat, follow the recipe for Creamy Macaroni & Cheese replacing the cheddar with pepper jack cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 recipe Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup salsa (your choice of hotness)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Follow basic recipe for Creamy Macaroni and Cheese, but use pepper Jack cheese, not cheddar.
Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef, seasoning lightly with salt and pepper, until most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder, salsa and chilies; simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cilantro, then stir mixture into macaroni. Serve hot.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article Change up Mac 'n' Cheese on August 12, 2005
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2005 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.