Spaghetti in a sauce of colorful bell peppers, feta, Gouda and creme fraiche.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 7 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) containers creme fraiche
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions until translucent. Stir in peppers and cook until just tender. Stir in bouillon cube, wine, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Simmer 20 minutes, until thickened.
Reduce heat to low and stir in feta, Gouda and creme fraiche. When cheese is melted, toss sauce with pasta and serve.