Savory and spicy, this mayo-based dip is made with canned mackerel.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can mackerel, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato-based hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Remove skin and bones from fish. In a medium bowl, mix fish with onion and hot pepper sauce with a fork, breaking fish into small pieces. Mix in mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.