These hamburgers are a huge improvement on the normal, plain hamburger. I think that is what is making all of those cows so mad! Onions, bell peppers and jalapenos - along with black beans and zesty seasonings - fire up these bad boys!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, celery, carrots and black beans. Season to taste with Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well with hands. Shape into 8 patties.
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Cook hamburger patties on preheated grill until browned on both sides, to your desired doneness.