Tender morsels of chicken are bathed in a rich and spicy blend of tart sour cream and pungent cumin, nutmeg and allspice. Fold in diced tomatoes and serve over steamed rice or couscous. For best flavor, grind these exotic spices just before cooking.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and cook chicken for 5 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
Turn heat to low. Add sour cream, half and half, cumin, nutmeg, allspice, and ground white pepper to skillet; simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Do not allow mixture to boil.
Stir stewed tomatoes into the mixture and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes; serve.