Quinoa and soya chunks with satay sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup dried soy chunks (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canned cream of coconut
- 1/2 bird's eye chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 green onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil 1/2 cup water, and pour into a bowl. Mix in soy chunks. Blend in peanut butter, cream of coconut, chile, green onion, and cilantro. Keep warm while the quinoa cooks.
Bring quinoa and remaining 1 cup water to a boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, until quinoa is fluffy. Stir in the soy chunks and peanut butter sauce, and season with salt and pepper to serve.