This is a wonderful vinaigrette that my mother invented. It's wonderful as a dressing, but we also use it for chicken marinade and steamed veggies.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well before serving. Store in the refrigerator.