This is a tasty and filling soup for those cold winter nights. The mix of the vegetables tastes wonderful. Make homemade baked bread and you will have a winter's delight.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped spinach, drained
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
Place the beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly brown and onion is tender. Drain grease.
Transfer beef, onion, and garlic to a large pot. Mix in tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, peas, carrots, spinach, bouillon cube, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add more water or tomato sauce as needed.
Stir macaroni into the soup. Season with Italian seasoning. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until macaroni is tender.