An ooey gooey swiss and cream cheese bread dip that pleases everytime. This is a favorite of mine since I was young.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round pumpernikel rye bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium casserole dish, or oven-safe bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and almonds.
Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until well melted but not browned. While the spread is in the oven, cut a large circle in the top of the pumpernickel loaf, and remove the insides, leaving a 1 inch cushion of bread lining the edges. Cut the pieces of bread from the inside into cubes to use for dipping.
When the dip is melted, pour into the bread bowl, and serve. If not serving immediately, you may heat it again in the microwave for a minute or two.