A simply delightful no bake cheesecake dessert with layers of mandarin oranges. This is very easy to make, and it is light and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can DOLE® Mandarin Oranges
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container orange or peach yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
Stir together wafer crumbs and margarine until blended. Press mixture evenly into bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Chill while preparing filling.
Drain mandarin oranges; reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Sprinkle gelatin over reserved syrup, in small bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Microwave mixture on HIGH 30 seconds or until gelatin dissolves (or heat mixture in a saucepan, stirring until gelatin is dissolved).
Beat cream cheese with yogurt and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Beat in gelatin mixture until smooth.
Spread one half cream cheese mixture over crust. Sprinkle half mandarin oranges over filling. Spread remaining filling over oranges. Garnish top with remaining oranges. Cover; refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
Garnish top of dessert with fresh mint leaves if desired; cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.