These sandwiches--tortillas wrapped around chicken, fresh vegetables, canned oranges and pineapple and a sprinkling of cashews--are a great meal on the run.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
Spray a skillet with vegetable spray. Salt and pepper chicken. Heat skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken breasts well on both sides, about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Spread tortillas evenly with cream cheese. (this will be the "glue" to hold everything together.) Cut chicken into small pieces and divide between the tortillas, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of tortilla uncovered on one side. Top chicken with Mandarin oranges, pineapple, green onions, bell peppers and cashews. Roll up tightly. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.