Sauteed chicken breast and mushrooms simmered in a mandarin orange mixture.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup undiluted, thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain, cool and set aside.
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute chicken in butter until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Saute mushrooms in skillet for 1 minute; remove from skillet and set aside. Stir in flour, water, orange juice concentrate and seasoning.
Heat to boiling, stirring. Simmer, stirring, for 4 minutes. Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet; stir in orange segments, green onion and broccoli. Heat through and serve.