Pork chops in a quick and easy orange-hoisin sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (1 inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews, plus extra for sprinkling
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over low heat while preparing the chops. Season chops with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour to coat.
Increase heat to medium-high, and add pork to hot oil. Cook until golden brown, turning once. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
Stir hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and orange juice into the skillet, and scrape up the browned bits. Mix in mandarin oranges, green onions, and cashews, and return pork to the skillet. Continue cooking until sauce is hot and pork is cooked through. Sprinkle with extra green onions and cashews.