Chunks of potatoes are nestled in a thick four-cheese blend and flavored with steak seasoning in this quick soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded four-cheese blend
In a large pot over medium heat, combine potatoes, carrot, celery, water and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Once tender, stir in milk.
In a small bowl, combine melted margarine, flour, steak seasoning and pepper. Stir into soup, increase heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.