Purchased reduced fat or fat-free pound cake is sliced and layered with fresh mangoes and a fluffy slightly sweet lime cream cheese filling. All this great taste and there are only 7 grams of fat per serving. Fresh peaches can be substituted for the mango
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- Key Lime Cream:
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10.75 ounce) package frozen reduced-fat OR fat-free pound cake, thawed
- 1 large mango, peeled, thinly sliced
For Key Lime Cream, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in whipped topping, Equal®, lime juice and peel, and vanilla. Set aside.
For cake, cut pound cake horizontally into 3 slices. Place bottom layer of cake on serving plate. Spread with 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture. Top with one-third of the sliced mango, and another 1/4 cup of the cream mixture. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
* May substitute 12 packets Equal® sweetener