Breaded chicken gets an exotic finish with a fruity, fiery salsa of mango, cilantro and a little onion and hot pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 fresh, ripe mango
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, for garnish
TO MAKE SALSA: In a small bowl, combine the mango, onion, cilantro, green bell pepper and red chile pepper. Put aside until serving time.
Lightly pound the chicken breasts with a mallet to flatten. Beat the egg and milk together. Then coat them in the egg/milk mixture then the breadcrumbs. Chill for 1/2 hour.
Saute the chicken in olive oil until cooked through and juices run clear. Drain and serve with the mango salsa. Garnish with cilantro leaves.